Cryptocurrencies are fast becoming a norm in the modern life. These digital assets have come quite a long way from when they were viewed with relative suspicion mixed with mockery to the present times where they are among the most desirable commodities in the world. Buying cryptocurrencies is now a pretty easy task compared to the early days when buying your Bitcoin was pretty much a nightmare. And if you are looking for one of the most reputable places to buy your Bitcoin as well as a few other altcoins, then you might have already heard of Coinbase
What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is one of the earliest outfits in the cryptocurrency exchange industry and is certainly among, if not outrightly the most reputable cryptocurrency exchange in the world. It is San Francisco based exchange that is known to be among the most user-friendly with an interface that is tailored to be easily navigable even for the first timer. It offers a number of payment options depending on the user’s preference, and certainly has one of the best track records when it comes to security in a time when a lot of exchanges are getting hacked with the latest one losing over half a billion dollars worth of cryptocurrencies.
In order to buy you first cryptocurrencies on Coinbase, use the following short steps
- The first step you need to take is to navigate to the Coinbase official site and click on the sign up button on the homepage.
- Fill the application form with the correct personal details and your email address
- A link will be sent to your mailbox with the link to authenticate that you are the one signing up with the particular mail address.
- One the authentication is done and your account is activated, you need to take a few more steps in order to begin trading, chief among them is the verification of your identity. You can do this by clicking on the “Add Payment Method” on your settings dashboard.
- You will see a place where you need to upload your government issued photo ID, such as an international passport or driver’s license. Kindly upload a clear copy of the document.
- Now add your preferred payment option, depending on your location you can add a bank account, or simply choose to pay using your Credit or Debit Card.
- Verification can take a few hours to conclude, and once you get an email notification that your account is duly verified, you can go ahead and use your chosen mode of payment to make your first deposit and then buy your preferred cryptocurrency.