Visit the original article*
Investment firm Republic announced a $150 million Series B funding round led by Valor Equity Partners. Republic will use the new funds for global expansion, developing new investment products and scaling the business.
- Republic consists of several arms, including a retail investment platform, a private capital division and a blockchain consultancy arm.
- “Valor has a history of investing in innovative industry disruptors and believes Republic is a natural fit for our portfolio,” said Valor Equity Partner Vivek Pattipati. “We are aligned with Republic’s vision to transform the private investing marketplace and usher in a new era of venture capital.” As part of the investment, Pattipati will join the Republic board of directors.
- Returning investors from the Series A round in March were Galaxy Interactive, Motley Fool Ventures, HOF Capital, Tribe Capital and CoinFund. New backers included Pillar VC, hedge funds Brevan Howard and Atreides, and executives at GoldenTree Asset Management,
- Republic raised $36 million in its Series A round and said total fundraising at that time was over $70 million.
- Last week, Republic Capital launched a $60 million crypto-focused seed fund. Separately, Republic Crypto teamed up with cryptocurrency exchange Huobi Ventures for an accelerator to help fuel the growth of selected startups.
This article was originally published by www.helenabitcoinmining.com on 2021-10-19 19:32:26. It can be viewed in it’s original state here: Source link .